A comprehensive dental exam will be performed at your first dental visit. This exam ensures that we assess your oral health and allow us to address any concerns. In this exam we will do the following:
- Dental Radiographs: Dental x-rays allow the detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss which is not easily visible on clinical inspection.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Examination of the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Periodontal Evaluation: Evaluation of the gums and bone that surround the teeth for any signs of gum disease that may lead to early tooth loss.
- Dental Evaluation: Assessment of tooth surfaces will be performed to detect dental decay and potential infection of teeth.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: Old fillings, crowns, and any other dental work are re-evaluated to determine their current condition.
In future visits, periodic exams are reassessed to ensure continuing oral health.