Modern Dentistry means Better Dentistry
When you seek care at our office, rest assured that the doctors at Raritan Valley Dental utilize the latest in technology to enhance the quality of your dental care. Here are some of the state-of-the-art equipment you will find in our office:
- Digital Radiography: Dental x-rays have come a long way. With digital radiography we can minimize the radiation (up to 75%) compared to traditional film x-rays. These images provide a clearer picture of the teeth and bone that our eyes cannot simply see. Instant images allow significant time savings and shorter appointments.
- Precision optical magnification and lighting: Dentistry requires precision for optimal results. For this reason, we have invested in optical magnification which allow us to see things 2.5-3.5 x their normal size. Just like good headlights while driving at night, powered lighting improves visibility minimizes glare for you.
- Intraoral Photography: The use of intraoral photography enhances your understanding of your diagnosis. Our intraoral camera allows us to clearly view images of your mouth and see details missed during the clinical examination.
- Laser Dentistry: Laser dentistry is one of the latest advances which utilizes the power of light. It has been a great tool in improving the results of dental surgeries and has made post-operative healing for the patient.
- Paperless Charting: Paperless charting has provided a secure, reliable way to save your patient chart. Your health history is readily accessible to our doctors and it facilitates communication with our referring doctors to provide the right care you need.
Infection control and universal precautions protect patients and health care workers alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. Our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of counter tops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental handpieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.